The Associated Student Body strives to build leadership skills and teamwork and have fun while doing it. From dances to rallies, playing music at lunch to hosting contests – our 40-plus members work together to organize various school-wide events with the goal of creating a fun and enjoyable environment for all students.
School spirit doesn’t just stop within the walls of Sierra Uniﬁed, though. We have a strong community of family, friends and neighbors that are beside us every step of the way, helping us enrich our school experience through fundraisers and banquets, Friday night football games and back-to-school nights. We are so thankful for your continued support!CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- To build character and leadership skills
- To develop student awareness of their own leadership potential
- To develop leadership skills that enable students to lead responsibly in all aspects of their lives
- To provide student opportunities to learn and practice essential leader ship skills within their community
- The ASB student vision is to create a more spirited environment and let kids know they can step out of their comfort zone.
- To be willing to work as a team, to listen and be considerate of other people’s ideas.
- To be role models on and off campus.
- To be an inspiration to the other students and staff.
- To uplift and unify the campus.
- Habits of self-regulation
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Personal growth outside of the classroom
- Identify individual strengths and passions for a healthy self-image
- Build strong character based on integrity and core values
- Career and college readiness
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and perseverance through challenges
- Teamwork in a diverse setting
- Handle criticism and feedback for personal improvement
- Become a model of healthy leadership by increasing self-awareness
- Turn their ideas into actions that inspire school spirit
- Turn their ideas into actions that inspire school spirit and student development
- Access community needs and wants
- The primary purpose of the Sierra High Associated Student Body is to provide a comprehensive and inclusive student government and leadership of the student body.
- To develop self-aware and conﬁdent individuals who together as a team come forth and build a diversified membership of leaders.
- To encourage creativity, critical thinking and problem solving, developing acceptance of others through team building and community service.
- To inspire positive habitudes concerning time management, budgeting, adaptability, communication and organizational skills.
Junior High ASB Leaders
Do you want to form a club?
Clubs are a great way for students to participate in activities they enjoy, can learn new skills, and meet new people. Students are able to help raise awareness about a cause they care about, gain leadership experience, and pursue hobbies and subjects of interest.
If you are interested in starting a new club, please review the provided ASB Club Handbook and ASB Club Application information.
Student Wellness Resources
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 1-800-273-8255 or Visit Their Website
NAMI on Campus
Teen Line – Call 1-800-TLC-TEEN (852-8336), text TEEN to 839863 or Visit Their Website
Fresno County Behavioral Health Warm Line – Call 559-600-WARM (9276)
All 4 Youth – Call 559-443-4800 or Visit Their Website