We want to give our Sierra families as many choices and opportunities for their child as possible. Sierra@Home is an alternative school of choice allowing students to receive schooling at home with a co-education experience between parent and school district.
You’re Part of the Sierra Family in Every Way.
This is homeschooling with benefits! You will have access to the arts and PE education from credentialed teachers as well as all clubs and athletic teams. We believe in offering full support for our Sierra families which includes special education services, counseling and therapeutic support.
A Personalized Homeschool Experience.
Parents have a choice of curriculum options to design a personalized program with the Sierra@Home Teacher Specialist. Your Specialist is with you all the way – with weekly check-ins and District Learning Assessments 3 times a year to see how the child is doing in relation to traditional school standards.
How It Works
Begin the process:
Fill out the enrollment contact form below to schedule a meeting the with Sierra@Home Education Team to discuss educational options and choose core curriculum, along with enrichment classes and any extracurricular activities the student may be interested in.
Core Curriculum includes SUSD, Menu or Custom options.
Create your Individual Learning Plan (ILP):
• With Sierra@Home Education Team, create an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) with goals aligned to CA standards and timeline for each student.
• With your teacher, set up regular weekly appointment times and daily student learning schedules to support the timeline.
• Student engages in assigned learning experiences and activities to meet their ILP goals. Student receives support from their family and their teacher.
• Student completes projects or other assignments to demonstrate mastery of ILP goals.
• Any students not meeting their ILP goals or targeted standards will receive additional support from teacher until the goals are met.
Option to attend a SUSD school site:
At any time, if the family wishes for the student to attend a school site and the student is on track to meet their ILP goals in all subject areas, the family works with a teacher to create a Transition Plan to return.
How To Enroll
Simply fill out our enrollment form and submit. You will be contacted by the Sierra@Home Education Team to arrange an appointment to discuss educational options.